So, you’re looking to buy a home in Vancouver. Great! The first thing you should know is that buying a home can be a lot of work and there are many things to prepare for. For example, obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and drawn-out process, and even finding the perfect home isn’t always easy. However, don’t let this deter you from your real estate goals!
With my help, the process of purchasing a home can be more efficient, less stressful, and more affordable than if you were to go it alone. On top of handling all the details and intricacies of the purchasing process, I will find and assess properties for sale that match your specifications. I will also help you prepare attractive offers that would give you an edge over other buyers.
Having worked in the Vancouver real estate market for over 17 years, I have become very familiar with the local market, current trends, and neighborhood values. Thus, you can rest easy and trust me when it comes to looking for dream properties that are both in good condition and at a good price!
Let’s Get Started
First things first: What are you looking for? This may seem like an obvious question, but it’s one that you really should think through. When it comes to buying a home, you should ask yourself the standard questions: Why, What, and Where.
Why am I looking to buy a property?
This is possibly the most important question. Why do you want to buy a home in the first place? What are your priorities?
- Are you looking to stop paying rent and start building home equity instead?
- Are you looking for a home to call your own, or are you looking to invest?
- Have the kids moved out already, or are you looking to start a family? Are you downsizing or upsizing?
- Are you looking to buy in a location that is better suited to your needs?
If you are looking to buying a new place to live in, but you still have to sell your current home, you should consider whether you will be buying or selling first. Keep your priorities in mind and remain focused on your needs. Preparation beforehand can help you enormously once you begin your search for the perfect home.
What kind of property am I looking to buy?
What style of home are you looking to buy? Are you looking to buy a house, townhouse, or condo? You should ask yourself things like:
- How much space do you need? What about outdoor yard space?
- Are you looking for a single storey home or one with multiple storeys?
- Are you looking for a newer home, or would you also consider an older home that may require some repairs?
Where am I looking to buy?
The location of your future home is one of the most important details to be clear on. You should think about:
- Are you looking to live close to the city like downtown Vancouver, or the suburbs?
- What kind of neighborhood would be ideal for you? What about its demographics?
- Is access to public transport or bike lanes important to you?
- What services are important for you? Nearby schools and parks? How about shopping centres, like in Burnaby?
Once you have a good idea of What and Where you would like to buy, searching for your ideal home will be a much smoother process.
The next step for you should be to get pre-qualified for a mortgage loan from a bank or mortgage company. This can usually be done over the phone or online in a few minutes as it’s just a quick estimate for how much you could theoretically borrow to purchase a home. This will give you a more accurate idea of what your actual price range is and will be helpful to narrow down your search.
Once you have this information, you can begin your search in earnest! However, this process can be very time-consuming without the correct knowledge and tools. This is where I come in. Not only can I help you through your preparation, I can also make use of the extensive resources available to me, such as the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) system to find you the best homes across Greater Vancouver.
I will be there for you every step of the way towards your real estate goals, from preparation to possession. My main priority is to provide you with excellent service, efficiency, and a deal that you can really be happy with. So, let’s get started. Call or email me and I’d be more than happy to discuss your real estate goals with you.
For more real estate information and advice, come by my blog!